Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who Am I?

This is a very new thing for me. I don't know very much about computers, and even less about blogging. I don't think I'm a very important person, but there are aspects of my life that I would like to share with anyone who would care to listen; in particular, a precious little Oregon girl (my granddaughter Adiela Mae), who I only get to see about once a year. So, this blog is mostly for her and my other granddaughter, Nina Noel. These angels are the joy of my life!!!

I am a preacher's daughter, married to a preacher for 34 years. My faith in Jesus Christ is my life. My involvement in His Church as a Christian/pastor's wife is my faith in action. This blog might be an opportunity to speak out about the joys and sorrows that go along with such a life.

I worked for 10 years as an L.P.N. (licensed practical nurse) after graduating from nursing school at the age of 40. I'm a late starter! I'm no longer working, and enjoy being a full time homemaker again, taking care of my preacher husband (which IS a full time job).

We have 3 wonderful grown children and 2 amazing little granddaughters from our 2 sons, born 10 weeks apart! As I said, they are the joy of my life.

Our oldest son is a graduate of Bible College and works as a Corrections Officer in a private prison facility. He is divorced, but we are in close relationship with our ex-daughter-in-law and Oregon granddaughter. It's an interesting situation, but we do the best we know how. We will always love them!

Our middle son is married to a sweet Texas red-head and they are parents to our first granddaughter. They live near us and we are together often. For that I am most thankful. Our son is a computer geek, disguising himself as an Olan Mills photographer. I have a close relationship with my daughter-in-law and have come to respect her in many ways. (I'm not the typical mother-in-law). I actually love my girls!

Our youngest, the only girl, is in her last year of graduate school and will soon be looking for a paying job. At this time she is doing internship as a Christian Counselor. Talk about a needed vocation, with our world as it is today. My daughter is my best friend, next to my husband, of course. We talk about EVERYTHING and I am SO thankful to have her in my life. She plans to move home after graduation, and I can't wait!!!

I guess that's about it for now. I wish God's blessing on anyone who reads this, and I look forward to sharing my life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment